My name is Charlotte DeKoning and teaching is a passion of mine. One of my favorite feelings is that moment when a student finally grasps an elusive concept. That's why I love tutoring. Giving students that one-on-one attention, observing their stumbling blocks, and working to get past them is the best way to help students learn. I can't count the number of times I've had students tell me "Oh, that makes so much sense now!" and it's because I'm able to identify their specific issues quickly and put the concepts into terms they understand.
I'm also an avid learner, earning multiple college degrees and still going! I have experience in those classes as both a student and a teacher, so whether your goal is simply to pass the class or to maintain or improve your GPA, I know I will be able to help.
- 2013-Present: Private statistics, accounting, and economics tutor.
- 2013: Adjunct Professor of Economics at Cleveland State University
- 2012-2013: Economics tutor in the Economics Department at Cleveland State University
- 2011-2012: Accounting tutor in the College of Business at Cleveland State University
- Research Analyst at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
- Various data analysis and research assistance positions
- In progress: Master of Science in Predictive Analytics, Northwestern University
- 2013: Master of Arts in Economics, Cleveland State University
- 2012: Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Economics, Cleveland State University
- 2012: Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, Cleveland State University
- 2005: Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences, Northwestern Michigan College